Pages

Monday, November 14, 2005

Confessions of a failed leader #4 (and last)

31. I can’t lead because I have chosen not to lead.

32. I can’t lead because I choose peace over progress.

33. I can’t lead because when someone thinks that he or she is better than I am, I believe them.
34. I can’t lead because I don’t protect my followers from dysfunctional people.

35. I can’t lead because I think people who don’t agree with me are dysfunctional.

36. I can’t lead because I fear failure and rejection.

37. I can’t lead because I can’t delegate.

38. I can’t lead because I am motivated by guilt.

39. I can’t lead because I believe people who tell me lies.

40. I can’t lead because, at some point, I start believing that my followers exist for my benefit and not the other way around.

41. I can’t lead because when the emotion is gone, I’m done.

42. I can’t lead because I like to sleep.

43. I can’t lead because I’m afraid I’ll succeed.

44. I can’t lead because I can’t fire people.

45. I can’t lead because if no one is telling me what to do, I don’t know what to do.

46. I can’t lead because my theories don’t touch the earth.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

You know I could say most of these ring true with me...but not #32. While I will flee conflict in my personal life like the plague, I realize that you have to shake up any organization from time to time to make sure it is alive....

believingthomas said...

it took you 36 tries but you kicked me right in the.... well you hit me in the nose.